NEW YORK, NY – (Mar 18, 2015) – Spark Summit East – Cloudwick, the leading enterprise big data consulting, professional and managed services provider to the Global 1000, announced today that Databricks has certified Cloudwick to deliver the company’s Corporate Spark training program for enterprises using Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, DataStax, and AWS, to help accelerate enterprise production success in these environments.
Databricks was founded by the team that created and drives Apache Spark and aims to make big data simple. Spark is a powerful open source data processing engine built for speed, ease of use, and sophisticated analytics. The company’s high quality training program is designed to help developers maximize the tremendous benefits of Spark for their data processing and analytics needs.
“We are very pleased to add Cloudwick to our training delivery partner program. Cloudwick has been committed to the adoption of Spark, and with their deep operational knowledge of running big data clusters in production environments, we believe this strategic partnership will enable both companies to more effectively serve our enterprise customers’ Spark deployment needs,” says John Tripier, alliance and ecosystem lead at Databricks.
“Spark usage is growing at an incredible rate in the Global 1000 and the demand for training and certification is also gaining ground,” said Mani Chhabra, founder and CEO of Cloudwick. “The Databricks curricula is the best Spark training program available and we’re excited to have been selected by Databricks to be an official corporate Spark trainer for the enterprise.”
Starting immediately, enterprises can schedule Databricks Corporate Spark training at their own site with Cloudwick for the following:
- Advanced: DevOps with Apache Spark: This provides a hands-on, deep-dive exploration of the Spark platform that includes Spark Core, the Spark Shell, Spark Streaming, and Spark SQL. This workshop covers advanced topics on architecture, configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting, as well as integration with other popular Big Data frameworks.
- Apache Spark Advanced Training: This three-day class features advanced lectures and hands-on technical exercises for advanced Spark usage in building Big Data applications. Materials emphasize architectural design patterns and best practices for leveraging Spark in the context of other popular, complementary frameworks for building and managing Enterprise data workflows.
Contact Cloudwick at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Learn more about Cloudwick’s big data training, consulting, professional and managed services offerings at these events:
- Spark Summit East at The Sheraton Times Square in New York City March 18
- Hadoop Summit North America at the San Jose Convention Center June 9-11
- Spark Summit West in San Francisco June 15-17
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 East in New York City Sept 29-Oct 1
Cloudwick is the leading big data service provider delivering consulting, services and solutions to the Global 1000. Its trained and certified Hadoop, Spark and NoSQL administrators, developers and data scientists have more than 200,000 hours of enterprise production experience with leading enterprises including 3M, Bank of America, Comcast, Home Depot, Intuit, JP Morgan, NetApp, Target, Visa, Walmart, and more than 50 others. As a strategic partner to Cloudera, Hortonworks, DataStax, Databricks and AWS, Cloudwick builds, operates, monitors and manages many of North America’s leading big data systems. For more information, please visit www.cloudwick.com.